Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Over

Well, chemo is over. I don't think my body could have handled anymore. I constantly feel like I've just been swiped by a mac-truck. My body should start feeling better as the days away from chemo continue.
I had my consultation with the radiation doctor. She says I will be on radiation for 5 weeks, with a possible 8 day boost after that. A couple of people from my support group are in radiation right now. They say the worse of radiation is the burning/blistering/peeling of the skin at the sight of the radiation. I will start that on July 13th. We are going to Port Austin the weekend before I start. I'm hoping to be feeling good by then and enjoy the weekend away with my family.
Life just continues on. Tomorrow will be the first Thursday in 3 months that I don't go for chemo. What a strange feeling. My nurses gave me a very nice "You Did It" card and I gave the nurse I had for 15 of the 16 rounds a little gift from me. She was fabulous; very caring and knowledgeable.
Yeah! No more chemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment