Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Radiation

Radiation has begun this week. So far not too bad. I know it will get harder as time goes. Today was day 3. They are radiating 4 different spots; around the lymph node area and the chest wall and from the back towards the lymph nodes they removed. I had my trial run about a week and a half ago. They marked me and took some scans so that they knew where to radiate. They gave me 7 little circle tattoos which are permanent. These help them know how to line me up each day and where to radiate. It's pretty interesting how they do it. Al came with me to the first appointment and the nurse explained all the marks and how they do things. Busy week with starting radiation and Katie in soccer camp and Jenny in a summer dance class for the week.
I've been staying busy too; between work and activities. Now that chemo is over, I'm getting my energy back some. I'm playing softball. I've been on my team since I was 16 and only missed the season I had Jenny. So, my team is kind enough to let me play. I wasn't sure how I would do and if I was strong enough. I've surprised myself. My batting has been pretty good (with the exception of the last game). I've only played the field a couple of times; I want to be an asset for my team, not a hindrance. So, I've been taking things slowly. My team is in first place with a 8-1 record. So, we are pretty proud of that!

3 comments:

  1. Let u play??? R U friggin' kidding me....ur our girl and we LOVE U! I'm glad U let ME play...thanks honey and keep being strong and fighting this fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy,

    I am so glad you are back in the game!!! Congrats on being done with chemo, that is so huge! You are awesome!!!

    Love,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep trucking along! Your doing great!

    ReplyDelete