Friday, March 20, 2009

Chemo - Round 4

Well - Round 4 was a week ago. There was so much going on. My step-Dad had just passed and we were planning his funeral. Round 4 was not as bad as round 3; maybe because I didn't have the cold that knocked me out. Thursday night of chemo I was feeling really blah, but it got better each day. By this Tuesday, I was feeling better. I'm done with my first set of drugs [(Adriamycin /Cyclophosphamide /Avastin (Avastin is the clinical trial drug)]. I start my next round on Thursday, March 26th (unfortunately, that is Katie's 10th birthday). The next set of drugs will be Paclitaxel plus the Avastin. The regimen that I am following is: Adriamycin cyclophosphamide followed by Paclitaxel every two weeks with growth factor support (which is the shot that I get the day after chemo). The next 12 rounds will be weekly. My last scheduled chemo round will be the last day of school for the girls. I am so looking forward to that day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom and now your stepdad. I don't know how you can hold it all together-you are the strongest person I know! Good luck with your upcoming treatments and take care of yourself! I'll be praying for you!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete