Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Step-Dad

It's so hard to understand how things are going right now. My Step-Father passed away Wednesday morning, March 11. This all seems so unbelievable. My Mom and him were married for almost 22 years and he's been Grandfather (Papa) to all of our children. He cared for my mother so well after her diagnosis. We have all been grieving her, and he seemed to be doing ok. Not great, but ok. He came to my daughters' Music concert 2 weeks ago, he was visiting my sister at bowling, my other sister's for dinner and going out with friends. He was at my house Tuesday dropping off pasta for the girls. We are told it was a heart-attack. He was found at his home. My sisters and I and our families are struggling with all of this. My Mom's birthday is today, she would have been 65.
So, many tears have been shed in my house over these last 4 months; as I was diagnosed, as my Mom got sicker, as my Mom passed, and now as my Step-Dad has passed. The support shown to us by everyone - by cards and kinds words, by visitations at the funeral home, by phone calls and messages. Thank you for that.

3 comments:

  1. Kristy, I am so sorry to hear about Harry! I just don't know what to say. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your family. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris.
    I am in shock....as you are still I'm sure.
    My God, I am sorry.
    arlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....I can't believe this. I too am in shock. I can't believe how much you have gone through these past few months, and yet you still hold strong. You are an amazing woman. All my love to you. Prayers and hugs for you and your family too. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete