Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chemo - Round 3

Round 3 - Round 3 was hard. It's amazing how quickly the drugs work to affect your system. There are so many side-effects and I didn't realize I would get so many of them. I'm on 3 different drugs and they all 3 have different side-effects. I was down for about 5 hours Thursday night (last Thursday, 2/26 ). I felt better on Friday, went for my white blood cell count booster shot. I got the shot in the belly again this week. It doesn't seem to hurt as much there. But, then I think I over did it that day. By early evening I was in bed for the rest of the night and in bed most of the day on Saturday. Sunday was church and then on the couch for the day. I stayed home from work on Monday. Really it was one of the first un-scheduled days off of work from not feeling well. I was back to work on Tuesday, but had a busy week with the girls. I felt much better by Wednesday. I have one more round of these 3 drugs. My next treatment is next week, 3/12. Then I have two weeks off and then I start my once a week treatment.

4 comments:

  1. Kristy you are one amazing person. Keep up the fight and if you need anything, please let me know. I love you! Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you alot. Hang in there. Praying for you too! Janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't had a chance to touch base, but wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you, praying that things pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristy..don't know if you remember me but I'm one of Luchie's friends. I just found your blog today and I wanted to send you words of encouragement. You are much stronger than you know. Feel free to visit my blog also...know that I really do know what you are going through.. Keep your faith and believe..
    --Cristy

    ReplyDelete