Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More Surgery

I got a call from the OB/GYN and they will be able to do my surgery this Friday, the 26th. We are so grateful to the doctor for fitting me into his schedule. They did not have any surgical openings until the end of January. The surgery is an Oopherectomy and I will be in the hospital for 1 maybe 2 nights. I'm in awe yet again for someone going beyond what they needed to do, the doctor by coming in the day after Christmas to do the surgery, knowing how urgent it is for me to have it soon. I have to wait 28 days to start chemo from the surgery. So, the sooner we could get it done the better. I'll be grounded from the car again for 10 to 14 days. By then, I will go for outpatient surgery on January 5 for a Medi-Port insertion. This will be how they administer chemo. My left arm will be busy in all of this. From now on, I can no longer have blood drawn or even a blood pressure cuff on my right arm. Due to the lymph node surgery, my right arm is limited. Thanks to a good friend for all the info on the OB/GYN doctors.
The last couple of days have been so busy, making many phone calls and talking with schedulers and doctors and nurses. Thanks to Al yet again, for making so many phone calls and finding ways to get things done and done quickly. He's been great, fantastic. Already taking off so much time to take me to appointments, tests and surgeries.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris! I have to tell you that positive attitude of yours had you looking great on Sunday and I was so glad that you were able to make it to Wicked with us - it was a great time as always.
    It is also awesome that the Doc was willing to work you in so quickly - as we know time is of the essence in this kinda stuff. Please know that all my love and prayer are with you, Al and the girls.
    This is an awesome forum for you and I will definitely be keeping track of you right here so that I don't have to bother you while you may be resting. Chrissy Bee

    ReplyDelete