Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sore All Over

Soreness... that seems to best describe things since my surgeries. The surgery yesterday was successful. They were able to do it laprascopically. I'm pretty sore. Going from sitting to standing is a challenge. Between my chest muscles and my stomach muscles being cut and and moved and body parts removed, I'm pretty sore. Luckily the pain again is not much. The worse part seems to be coming out of the anesthesia. I don't seem to do well with that. It takes me a long time to "wake up" from it and it does a number to my stomach. Even yesterday they gave me lots of anti-nausea medicine, but that didn't seem to help. I got sick a few times. Towards the end of the night, my I.V. got pulled out and I was spewing blood from my hand. I was exhausted and tired. They discharged me at 11:30pm last night. I could have stayed the night, but decided I would best off at home. Thanks to my sisters for watching the girls yesterday and to my in-laws for keeping them over-night and all day today so Al and I could get some rest. My in-laws are great people and the girls love having them back in Michigan. They are on their way home with dinner for us (home-made southern fried chicken :-)).
It's amazing how life can change in two months. Two months ago I was turning 40, having fun, getting braces. Now, I'm having surgeries and awaiting chemo. But, I know this is something I will get through and it will make me a better person. I will learn some good lessons from this and hopefully put those lessons to good use.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you every day. You are always in my heart Kristy. Remember to stay strong and know that you will heal successfully.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristy! great idea on the blog. I can't believe how big your girls are. where does the time go? of course, no grass is growing under your feet...man, you have had a lot done in a short amount of time. Kelly keeps me posted on your progress. Please know you and Al and the girls are in my prayers. 2009 will be a great year for you, as then you will be cancer-free and such a strong advocate for a cancer-free society. I will keep reading your blog, so keep me updated!
    Love,
    Libbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you felling sweetie? Hope the soreness is subsiding some. I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete