Monday, February 9, 2009

My Mom

It's so hard for me to know what more to write right now. It looks like my Mom will not make it out of the hospital this time. We are so hopeful that that statement is wrong, but it's realistic. We want her to wake up and yell at us for making such a fuss over her at the hospital or just tell us that she loves us one more time. My sisters and I and my step-Dad have been at the hospital with my Mom - with someone there around the clock. Since Saturday afternoon, she has been verbally non-responsive. She sleeps mostly, but at times she will wake up, but doesn't seem to focus on anyone or anything. Her brother was with her as well over the weekend, however, he was hospitalized today at a different hospital. We are all just having such a hard time with this.

I have an appointment with my Medical Oncologist tomorrow. A follow-up post and pre chemo appointment. I have treatment Thursday this week. It's so hard for me to concentrate on myself when all I can think about is my Mom. Thanks for the prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kristy! When it rains, it pours, huh? After reading this I sat staring at the monitor. The box 'post comment' kept calling to me, but what to write? Nothing can take away your pain. I suppose just knowing everyone cares is helpful and may help ease the pain, but how helpless I feel. (and likely other readers/friends) It sounds as though you have an amazing network of friends and that hubby of yours, wow! It's no wonder your girls are so fantastic! I'm praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete