Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Mom

My Mom -
My sisters and I were always so possessive of her. Even in conversations that we had with each other we referred to her as My Mom. Because she belonged to us. At least for a little while, God gave her to us. So that she could raise us into the unique individuals we are today.
My Mother passed away last night at St. John's hospital just after 10:00pm. My sister Kim was with her as she took her final breath. Kim called us just after and we met down at the hospital to say goodbye to her. A very emotional evening. I was grateful to have Al with me to comfort me and calm me as I cried. God took her home, home where she would no longer suffer the pain her body was enduring this last year. We will join here once again. We are so grateful to have had her for the 64 years here. She was the must caring person I have ever known.
God Bless




3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Kristy also. I will miss your Mom too. She was an amazing person and I had a lot of fun with her and your Grandma over the years. If you guys need anything, let me know. Even if you just want to cry, call me, I'll cry along right with you. We will be grieving together so we can help each other. I love you and your entire family.

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend,
    You are constantly in my thoughts. It has been such a difficult 2 yrs for you and my heart breaks for you and your family. They are like my family also because I've known them since I was 12. Your Mom and Grandma were always so wonderful to me--treated me like their own. You were so privileged to have them in your lives. Your kids were lucky
    to have had such a close bond with their grandma and their "Nana". Consider yourselves
    blessed because you were--they were/are your angels. I love you!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi kristi, my name is carol I am a friend of your sister kelly. I am so sorry to here of tour mothers passing. I to am a survivor I treat with the same doctors. I was diagnosed in 2004 I am coming up on my 5th anniversary.I to was diagnosed stage 3 I know how you feelt with that diagnosis. Mine was ductal invasive, different yet the same.Keep the faith you will get through this with the help of your family and friends.I gave some srtuff to kelly to give toyou. You can do what you want with them its up to you.If you ever want to talk Kelly knows how you can reach me. Keep your head up chemo will be over before you know it. Carol

    ReplyDelete