Saturday, January 31, 2009

Chemo - Round 1

Chemo - wow! The early part of the day went well. The chemo infusion was OK. No pain. Got home just before the girls got home from school, I felt OK, until about 4:00pm when I started feeling sick. I stayed in my room from 4:00 pm until about 12:30am. It took about 8 1/2 hours to feel better. I got sick about 4 times. But just felt lousy the whole time. They gave me enough anti-nauseous medicine. I took a pill before treatment, they gave me a shot during treatment and I had two different kinds of anti-nauseous medicine to take at home. But somehow, the sickness won through the meds.
I'm feeling much better today. I went this morning to the dentist; for new wires to tighten my braces. Just to add a little pain to the pain :-) . I'm feeling better. I took a nap this afternoon. And I've been just relaxing. Al's been great with the girls. He took them swimming for family swim through the school last night. They had such a good time swimming. My in-laws have been great with the girls too. My Mother-In-Law took the girls to the movie today.
My Mom was discharged yesterday. She was tattooed for more radiation and will start that soon.

1 comment:

  1. We are here for you if you need anything. Hopefully chemo round 2 will go better and you will feel better after it also. Take care, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Love, Mark, Michele, Blake & Ava

    ReplyDelete