Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

New Year's Eve was nice. We had a great dinner together. My Mom was able to make it out so it made it extra nice. It was my Mom, Kelly, Kim and Me and our families. It was a great way to ring in the new year.
I kissed my husband at midnight, which made it 17 years in a row for that. It has been 19 years of New Year's Eves that we have celebrated together. We missed the one the year we got married, because he was activated for the Gulf War and left Dec. 22, 1990. That was the only year we missed together. We just celebrated our 18 year wedding anniversary in December. We have had many ups and downs just like most couples, but thankfully we have had many more ups and we have made it through the down times.
My New Year's resolution is to make sure I appreciate all that I have and realize how blessed I have been in my life. I have always lived life to the tune of live hard, love hard, play hard, and work hard. I will continue that mantra in 2009.
Oh, and we had good news this week to celebrate, my sister Kim's test came back negative for the genetic mutation that I have. Kelly's results are still a week or two away, since her test was delayed by paperwork.
Happy New Year to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. My family is praying for you and yours, I know you will come through this stronger and better than ever! You are an amazing gal with an incredible will, you are in my thoughts! Love Ya! Anne-M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening out with your whole family. Glad you are feeling better. Glad to hear Kims tests came back negative...hope Kellys do to! I will keep you all in my prayers. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete