Sunday, January 4, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be my last surgery for a while (hopefully). I get the medi-port put in tomorrow AM. Surgery is at 7:30AM; I'm to arrive at 5:30AM (pretty early :-)).
I'm healing good now from the last surgery and I am not that sore anymore.
I had a Muga Scan Friday that checked my heart to make sure it is strong enough for chemo. That was not fun since, they had a hard time starting the I.V. (he decided to put it in my wrist which hurt and by the 4th injection, my wrist swelled up with fluid). So, he had injected the radio-isotope in and it didn't make it into my blood stream. So, another person, stuck me a couple more times and shot me with another radio-isotope injection so they could do the scan. They were able to do the scan after the second try. However, I was filled with twice the amount of stuff that would make the scans at the border or the airport go off. They actually give you a slip of paper to give to the border or the airport in case you need to cross or fly letting them know that you were injected with this which is why you are 'lighting up' their equipment. Pretty amazing stuff.
Things around the house are going well. The girls have been great with helping out and Al has been putting away Christmas decorations and cleaning up.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy, Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your blog. It is a great way to stay informed and updated. We miss your brain at work (group product query not working in database, lol) but most of all your smile when you stop by to chat. Thinking of you, hang in there! You will beat this!!!! MaryClark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's nice to see you have a sense of humor...that is always a good sign. Your your episode reminds me of when I needed an i.v at Ramons birth...hope the surgery went well and that you are doing fine. Many hugs to you sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete