Sunday, January 25, 2009

Party



I'm excited to write this post and thank a special group of friends that were at a party for me last night. My friend Elise was having a few of us from softball over for a party. Kind of a pre-chemo get together to see friends I haven't seen since I was diagnosed, specifically my softball team. So, I showed up there and was very surprised. Not only was my softball team there, but so was my bowling team, my old bowling team, and several friends from school. I was shocked. Elise sent out e-mails and asked others to forward on and tried to get as many friends there that they could on short notice. Both of my sisters were there. It was great. She called it a "Decorating Kristy's Head" party. Everyone brought a scarf or a hat in all different colors and styles for me to wear as chemo does it job. What a great gesture! I was so surprised when I came in. I came home with lots of no-hair options :-). I now have head-coverings for all occasions. I also came home with a chicken-casserole dinner for tonight from another friend. I'm humble by every one's support. I hope everyone can sense my thank yous are sincere and I appreciate everything. My girls thought it was the coolest party when I told them about it. And again, they understand that support comes all different ways.

Oh, and several people have mentioned that posting comments were hard to do, so I have tried to change the way one posts and the ease in doing it. Hopefully, it has gotten easier to do. So, if you have wanted to comment and tried before and it didn't work, please try again. Thanks, thoughts and prays to all. K.

3 comments:

  1. Kristy: I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Get this nasty picture off of here. I look horrible. You look wonderful as always, but I look like the old person I'm becoming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends are awesome! I can't wait to see your hats and maybe I will have to scam them...take it from someone with bad hair..hair is overrated! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing for Elise to do. And what a great idea for the hats. You're going to look great in all of them! Love you. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete